Tuesday, December 02, 2014

LIFE IN THE FAST LANE


How silly it is for me to say I miss this little blog? I don't really understand why I stopped pouring out my life on these pages. After all it was a white washed version of my life. Not the nitty gritty. It was the kind of life how I wanted to live,  not exactly how I really am.

I have stopped examining my life and the situations and experiences that define me. It is as if I have laid myself out on a swift moving river and am allowing it to take me where ever it pleases. At times I am astounded at where I have landed. But that is what happens with the unexamined existence.

I have bounced around from Clarksville, TN to Memphis - the largest city in Mississippi -  back to Kentucky and now have landed (softly) in Indiana and, hang on to your hat, am getting ready to become a Trailer Trash Snow Bird in Florida for the winter.

My mother has passed away several months ago and I feel like an orphan, a motherless child. I think of her still as if she were still with us. I suppose in time I will stop this. It is disconcerting and slightly sad to follow up a thought about her with the reality of her death.

My husband has retired and life is very different! I will say no more but this ..... I never thought too much about what this would be like. Day after day of vacation. Endless vacation. I am not certain it is a good thing. But it has been interesting.

And so ......I guess I am back.




6 comments:

gerrygeelong said...

Welcome back and I love Florida,, ;)

Donna. W said...

My husband and I love retirement. He putters around with his tractors, I play around with cows and babysit a little girl. Life is good.

Sheila Y said...

Welcome back! Sorry to hear your Mom has passed. I'm sure retirement takes some adjusting too. Take care, Sheila

Lisa :-] said...

Retirement is...weird. I am not rally retired, but I don't work much, either. There is much about it to enjoy, but still...you feel a little bit as if your life is on hold, somehow. And at this age, it really can't be. Hope you find fulfilling things to fill your time.

Paul said...

Mary...I'm sorry to hear you lost your mother. I know that she was a strongly positive presence in your life. I'm doing Florida now, too--Jensen Beach, January and February. I hope things are going well for you, Joe, and your daughter. Remember, don't try to lift the hay off the wagon while you're standing on it. Don't do it.

white said...

Hello, My name is White am from USA .....  and I am very happy for posting on this blog on how a great spell caster helped me bring back the love of my life. I know there are lots of women like me out there who have done so much just to have back their Husband, I am here to tell you all to search no further because the answer is right here. I sincerely believe if there are up to five spell casters like DOCTOR WTAHA this world would be a better place, I contacted  him and shared my problems to him and he gave me the terms and conditions, which I obeyed, it only took 3 days for my husband to come back home begging for my forgiveness. To cut the long story short. I am now living happily with my husband. Thanks to Dr TWAHA . Contact him now on email: drlregbeyen10000@gmail.com . Or reach him on what's app +2349038518881 or  call him  . He can save your marriage or relationships too.