Monday, August 09, 2004

GET THAT WASP OFF MY SANDWICH

Words fail me. I knew that I loved the music and the band is famous for its great shows. I was prepared to have a rollicking wonderful time, but I was truly amazed at just how dynamic, exuberent, tight, how much fun this band was live! I knew it, I felt it. I was not disappointed and then some, and then some and then some.

Omega and I saw them Saturday night at 10pm, the final act on the stage, and then again Sunday afternoon. Both shows were spectacular. Each different due to the diversity of the two crowds. Saturday night being the drinkers and late night rockers. The singing along with the band was more pronounced Saturday, but Sunday there was more energy in the crowd which included a lot of kids. Dancing and singing and just the most wonderful group experience I have had in a long time. Seeing the Saw Doctors is a Happening!

The die hard fans were up front to dance and sing along with the songs. Yet, when it was time everyone under the tent was able to sing along with HAY WRAP! How hard is yelling, HAY!! HAY!! The song is delivered in machine gun rapid fire intensity with the Irish accent. But Peggy and I both knew when to Scream...I mean sing.... "GET THAT WASP OFF MY SANDWICH!" I truly wish I could have taken you all with me. Maybe next year.

Its been a while since I have had so much fun. Maybe about two weeks.


No comments: