Friday, September 17, 2004

Why Men Have it So Good

I thought that when I married Joe one of the perks of being two instead of one was all the extra money from combining expenses! Wrong! I am experiencing cultural shock. The culture of being a WOMAN in a marriage. Not only am I poorer and broke a several days before payday, but I have developed into a maid to boot!

Take today, the first thing I did was to go to the library and post a box for him. He has made his first sale on E-Bay and I...#1, set up the account for him, inserted the picture after I scanned the document for him, set up pay pal for him...now I am mailing the sold item for him! Hell, and I am such a silly because I receive not one red cent of the profit. As a matter of fact, it cost me money to sell his stuff! Agggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I should have seen this coming. But, I was blinded by my desire to be married. After all, this is my first time and I had no idea what I was missing. I was like a kid with my face pressed up against the glass candy counter. I only saw and wanted the good stuff. I knew bad stuff existed, I knew that sacrifice existed, but I ignored it in pursuit of my happiness.

I am now the Cook, the Maid, the Financial Officer, the Travel Agent, the Entertainment Committee, the chauffeur, the Gardner, (than God I am not the Grounds Keeper), in charge of all Shopping, and Miscanelleuous Gopher. Sometimes I realize this is ridiculous!

How did this happen!!!!!

I love Joe and I love being married. I just wish I had gotten a Wife too.

No comments: