Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bloggers Community Photo Challenge

second little hand

Changes - brought to you by the 1st Community Photo Challenge

I am surprised at how invigorated the AOL-Community has become since tearing up roots and relocating. Maybe its just me making the reconnection with this vibrant and diversified group. Over the years I have half heatedly tried to keep in touch, like changing jobs or cities. It's hard. I have said it so many times that it tastes like ashes in my mouth and my fingers feel heavy typing the words, but I dearly miss the AOL-J-Land of pre-advertising days. Before the 2005 mass Exodus. So many wonderful writers and personalities left never to be heard from again.

But this is a new dawn and new era. All of us have been banished from AOL-J-Land, all given the proverbial boot.

And so, I embrace the new Community by actively participating in the many activities that I have over looked or was unaware of. The first being this photo challenge!

This week's challenge.....CHANGE!

Last night I was talking on the phone to my husband and glance at the front door, which was bathed in the diminishing golden light of October and saw the tiny hand print of.... my grand daughter. She had left this mark behind to remind me that she had been there.

Actually she has followed Bridget and myself outside as we were about to leave on a trip to the store and she was to stay at home. Once she understood we were returning (she is two, almost three)she turned to go back into the house, but could not reach the door knob!

"Jo-Jo! Jo-Jo!" She hollered, "Let me in!!" and Bridget ran to open the door for her.

This little imprint reminds me that as things change and evolve an impression is always left behind.

As my little sweeties hand print.

12 comments:

MariesImages said...

I LOVE this entry!!!
I also got teary eyed....reminds me of the days when my daughter was little...The image itself is very cool!!! But as a whole, the entry is just perfect!
Welcome to our Challenge!
Thanks for joining in~
Ü
Marie

Paul said...

AOL J-land is coming here? well, I'll leave the porch light on.

Imagine us, grandparents. Who knows where the time goes.

Vicki said...

This is a perfect entry...love the words and the photo, once explained, is wonderful. Glad you're "back!"

Cynthia said...

What an absolutely cool picture! I miss the old J-land so much and hope to find some of the missing again.

Beth said...

Love the picture, and the story behind it.

Beth

Unknown said...

I will never look at a window or glass door hand print the same again!

Ann

Monica said...

Beautifully said! Every change does leave it's impression on us. I'm glad to see more of you around again, I had missed you. Though I wasn't that great at keeping up with those who left. My attempts were often half hearted - but, they were with the aol journals too.

Monica

Cal Dream Squirrel said...

Wonderful story to go along with your photo. It has a very ethereal feel. Nice!

D said...

Love it!

Tressa bailey said...

I love this photo....absolutely cool.

What a time to have a broken camera!

Valerie said...

very cool picture!

Martha said...

Great photo and wonderful entry!