Lisa's Ten Good Things Weekly
This is Lisa's idea and a pretty darn good one. On every Monday she is going to come up with ten good things that happened to here during the past week.
Pretty cool to focus on the good things in life. I carried a piece of paper around, tucked in my purse and when something nice happened, I would jot it down. Even while I was driving down the road. So some of them are difficult to read!
1) LSU beating Duke!! I will never forgive Duke and Christian Laettner for hitting the miracle shot at the final buzzer of the Regional tournament in 1992. If I see it one more time on TV I will scream. Sure, it was a great shot and he was 100% from the field and on the free throw line. A perfect game. But this was our Un-Forgettable UK Wildcat Team!! Anyone who beats Duke gets my total support!
2) I made a promise to myself a long time ago when I first started the journal that I would not write a hair entry. Oh how I have wanted to write a hair entry since then!! So many time!! But, this is not a hair entry, this is just acknowledging that I walked into Great Clips and took my chances! You never know what might happen to you and your head. I got a very nice cut. It looks great. For that, I am so grateful.
3) I participated in the 10K (six + miles) in Louisville this week-end. Around mile four, my hip went our of joint Oh the pain! The pain!! But, I did not quit as much as I wanted. I finished it. Barely, but I finished it. I really need to practice more...
4) I lost five pounds in two weeks. Yea!
5) After the race Bridget and I drove around and I always take them out to eat. I wanted the delicious fish at the woman Suburban Club Fish Fry. A great place that use to be a hole in the wall in the South End of Louisville. It was only open from April until November and then, only on Saturdays. When the Papa John stadium was built for the University of Louisville football team, eminent domain was the finish to the Fish Fry. A brand new modern building was completed in the same neighborhood. The fish is still wonderful and scrumptious. And it was open on Saturday!! I purchased two pounds of it. There goes my diet...but I had just hobbled through six miles (+)!!!
6) Reading this great book...can't remember the name, something like The Fairy Princess of Brooklyn...and in it was this great story about her meeting Mick Jagger. I wish I had lived in NYC during the 1960's.
7) The sun was shining brightly on Sunday morning and I was able to take a few pictures with my new camera.
8) I made a trip to The liquor barn in Louisville for a b couple e double r un for Joe. I found a bag of candy assorts that I love. I carried it around the store and then right before I checked out, I put it back. Shocker.
9) I couldn't remember the exact birthday of my long lost pal C., but I knew it was sometime last week. I put together a surprise birthday box of goodies and sent it off! It arrived on the right day! Her birthday!
10) Border Book store and their fabulous CD selection. I was able to find exactly what I was looking for, an Ibrahim Ferrer album. I have listened to it about 100 times since I found it. I love this guys voice. I was so crushed when I found out that he passed away in 2001.
This was a great exercise and I look forward to doing this every week!!