Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blah blah blah

I am going to do the Blog her thing and post every day for the month of December. I went home to Kentucky for the week end. It was the shortest visit ever. Six hour drive up, arrived around three thirty in the afternoon. Partied until 4am, got some sleep, up at 830am to cook the amazing stuffing dish for my family gathering to celebrate Thanksgiving and then on the road again at 315 and over seven hour drive home because I-65 was a parking lot so we detoured down the West KY parkway.

That sentence was longer than my visit.

I drove around my home town Saturday afternoon and a sudden overwhelming feeling of loss engulfed me. I began writing my blog while living in this town. I got married while living in this town. I had the best job ever while living in this town. I grew up in this town. I walked all over this town as a child and as an adult.

I know a lot of people spend most their lives running away. Who says you can't go home?

No comments: