INSPIRED BY LISA
This is going to be tough this week. It began like a fresh summer day bright with possibilities and then a thunderstorm ruined everything. That is how the past week felt. But, that is the point of this exercise, to dwell not on the bad, but on the good!
1) Bridget and I driving and listening to Ibrahim Ferrer singing in Spanish. She flipped open the liner notes and began to read the words aloud in her sweet, halting voice brimming with the emotion of the lyrics.
A broken Shadow
Only the twilight accompanies me now
Now that your love is gone
And there is no happiness for me.
Aimless, I drift
searching for you
I may not find you
I may have lost your forever, my love.
I will remember your eyes, your touch
I cannot avoid it
I will suffer, longing for yesterday,
I cannot forget you.
A broken shadow
Only the twilight accompanies me now.
Now your love is gone
I will never feel happiness.
2) I purchased my first MP3. Well, the first one for ME! It is a cheap little thing from Walmart and I loaded up all the space with many of my favorite CD's.
3) I was able to take a long walk down the River Green Way beside the Maumee River. Though spring seems to have lost her way here, some of the fattest Robins I have ever seen did not get the word.
4) Solitude. Peace. Quiet. The deliciousness of being alone.
5) Catching a glimpse of something blue and realizing I was seeing the first crocus of spring in my new home!
6) Completing the 5K on Saturday and shearing off 45 seconds from the last 5K. This is hilarious as well as a good thing.
7) Going through several boxes of old pictures (from the early 90's) and the memories they evoked.
8) Seriously taking a trip by myself next month. Thinking that I really could do it!!
9) The sound of the thunderstorms this week-end.
10) Someone flirted with me last week and by God, it made me feel good!