108 out of 365
Grace in Small Things
1) Rushing home to look for Three Legged Cat who went out around 5am and never returned. He usually comes in when I call him around 7am or so. Joe went home at lunch to look for him but no luck. I walked around the neighborhood -no kitty. I began to talk to people,asking if they had perchance run into a gray Three Legged Cat, a Blue Russian cat. One guy looked down his dogs throat for me, "No cat in there". One nice man, the guy who has a humongous garden behind us, adjacent to the "projects" (If Tiny Town can have projects, it's there!) told me his wife spotted TLC around 4pm, she was looking out the window while she was cooking an early supper, that's why he knows it was around 4, and saw him. She feels sorry for him, thinking he's a stray. "But he's so FAT!" I exclaimed. At least I know he was alive at 4pm and as it was about 6, I felt a lot better about the situation. Around 7ish the black and white is at the front door looking in. I went out side and called "WildThing!" and there he was! Running from the side yard. Running fast. Running so fast that his back leg was coming alongside his front side. Much like a runaway U-Haul.
2) Calling Biscuit Bucket and finding out I did not have to work tonight! I thought did! What a relief.
3) Finally finding a song I have been looking on line for over 10 years! I heard it one while getting ready for work on the Morning Show. Joe and I called it "our love song". Sometimes we would sing it to each other. We thought it went, "I want to cut your head off and see how much it weighs..." But actually we were half right, it goes "I'd like to cut your head off so I could weigh it. Wadda you say?" I finally found it, called "Weigh" by Phish and it still sounds great 10 years later. (I kind of like our version too)
4) While checking my google alerts I ran across a Civil War Historian group who meet at the Borders in our Mall!! And they are meeting on Wednesday night. Public invited. I can't wait!!
5) Reality show marathon on the computer.