Tuesday, February 15, 2005

CALCULUS AND THE LAW OF REALITY ADDICTED TO LOVE (part XVII)

I felt very lucky to land a job working in a corporate office. The CFO happened to be my brothers SIL...but you take what you are given and make the best out of it. The office consisted of five women in the beginning. As the company grew, so did the office. We moved several times and finally landed in the large house on Shelbyville Rd which we immediately began to renovate. I remember those days like it was yesterday, when in reality it was 20 years ago.

The ten years I spent working as an accounting clerk made me realize one very important thing, I did not want to push a pencil for another moment. The best thing I received form working at the office was the intense encouragement to remain in school and get that degree. They made it very easy to leave early etc. etc. etc.

I went into the business school after cleaning up my transcript! (imagine that!) I loved school, which was a revelation for me. I suppose as one matures those things that were once a minor irritant suddenly become a great source of pleasure and self accomplishments take on whole new meanings.

I loved to learn. And I was good at it. I found that sacrificing weekends to study for exams was easy. What else did I have to do? Bridget and I settled into a small apartment in Hikes Point, closer to work and I enrolled her into a Catholic elementary school that was in the neighborhood.

No comments: