Friday, August 19, 2005

Guess who is Guest Editor this week!!!! ME!!! Mary in charge! Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

It appears my curse for the past several months has been this...if it appears easy, it is not!! I have so many favorite journals that I read, to pick out only a handful was extremely difficult. Yet, I persevered and narrowed it down to several journals that I believe have not been featured as of yet.

In no particular order..............


A Spiritual Journey by Michael. How did I find this journal? I don't know, but I love it. Michael is telling his story in such a fascinating fashion that I am going to use his words to describe it."The journal chronologically documents my life, which has been rather exciting, and at times, pretty dark...and my musical journey...which is ongoing. It includes my gigs with bands like AC/DC, Buddy Guy, Rick Derringer, and many, many others". He is very gifted and I wait with anticipation for each new entry.

One-Way Passage. What can I say about Jon that does not sound like I am gushing on and on! He is a multi faceted individual who is a fabulous writer. Okay, I'm going to gush. He is interesting, smart, witty, funny, good looking and man oh man, can this guy write. His observations and comments range from the events in the Walmart parking lot to his poignant entries about his family.

A Pennies Worth written by Penny, in my opinion, is one of the best journals in AOL- Journal land. She is blond and proud! I stumbled on Penny's journal sometime ago and to date, each one of her entries has been filled with wisdom, humor, compassion and something magical. She is one of bravest woman I have had the honor to read.

Coming to Terms with Middle Age by Lisa. Now this is one smart lady! Her entries can leave you thinking for days. Lisa and I began our journals around the same time and I do not think I have missed a single one of her entries. I can't say enough nice things about her.

Lotus Martinis by Gigi. This journal just has to be experienced. It defies description! Gigi is full of "it". The AOL-Journal IT girl if ever there is one! Another gifted writer!

Hey, I see a pattern forming here!

The above journals have been my Friends for a long time. As our Journal community approaches its second birthday and continues to grow one can not help but remember how it was in the beginning. When the community spirit was born. There are lots of new journals that are worthy of attention and yet it is difficult to find them. Here are two that I recently ran across and find very enjoyable.

Mark's Daily Journal by Mark (gasp!!). A truly sensitive and nice man, Mark is a wonderful artist and shares his talent with us. Lucky us.

CeeGee at Large by Cyndy. Very new and very entertaining! This girl is gif crazy! I'm certain that this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

And last, a non-AOL journal that I love. Super Hero Journal by Andrea. A truly inspiring journal with a very talented young woman who is a writer, a creative jewelry designer, a wonderful photographer and a terrific person. Her entries are works of art.

Trust me.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

I didn't know you were shadow blogging! How fun to realize exactly which Mary you are.

Good picks, by the way. And congrats!