Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Where the Southern Cross the Dog
Saturday August 27th
1) Day trip!! No where to go, nowhere to be. Unable to go to Hot Springs so just headed south and took off. Packed a bag just in case.
2) First stop was Tunica - but we just wandered around one of the casino's and shrugged and left.
3) Went across the Mississippi into Arkansas and found this little restaurant in West Helena called the West Helena Fish Market. A hole in the wall, funky with one big round table for eating in. The action was the take out. At three o'clock in the afternoon it was non-stop. The fish plate, for a cool $10, included five pieces of fish, slaw, hush puppies, french fries and a 20 ounce Mt. Dew (sorry Coke but you won't return my calls)
4) Then on Clarksdale and the Delta Blues Museum which was fantastic.
5) Then to Ground Zero Blues Club where we had a couple of beers and soaked in the atmosphere. This is the Crossroads, Baby!