Saturday, September 04, 2010

Thursday September 2

Grace in Small Things
278/365

1) Have a huge amount of work at Mall that keeps me busy and happy.
2) At the light entering the city I am next to a bus of kids. The laughing and just major kid noise was infectious.
3) Once again HBTN leaves Biscuit Bucket early. She is sick and thinks she may have scarlet fever - OMG, she cracks me up.
4) Received a snail mail letter from my Mom which had some unused old stamps from the1970's and 80's (she has been feeding me these wonderful little works of art for a year now) and a letter, dated 1968, from my 8th grade teacher (Sister Angela Marie) who was stationed in a little old town in Eastern Kentucky. She wrote glowing things about me. Saying I was astonished is an understatement. We (as a collective group of unruly thirteen year old kids) put this poor women through hell. She had a "break down" before the year ended and Horrors of Horrors, my Mother came to take her place and finish out our school year. Good Old Mom. What a shining sparkly jewel among a box of rocks. (I have no idea what I mean by that, it just flowed from my fingers.)
5) Pay day. I might use this as a grace over and over, but it makes it all worth it in the end. - Paid off the couch (on lay-a-way). Now, just how to get it home. Hate to pay the deliver charge - but Oh well.

No comments: