Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 25th


Prompt: Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

I am the one behind the camera not in front of it. I am always astonished at the woman I have become when I see a picture of myself. I am an older version of myself and think I remarkably resemble my Aunt Pat. Which is not a bad thing at all, but still...I'm only saying.

The picture of my Mom and myself at the Memorial Day ceremony in Nicholasville this past May was OK. I cherish pictures of myself and Mom. But I had on little make-up, if any at all and my hair was horrendous! That's all I see. Not a picture of the first born and my beloved Mom - just old fat bad hair day Mary.

Then the pictures at the Frat. reunion were no better and I looked drunk in all of them. Happy drunk.

The there was the picture of me and one of my best friends C. taken in Louisville after my BIL's surprise B-day party.

I looked extremely hung over. lol. I was!


But this one, the first time I had seen any of them in over 30 years, this was a great time and a pretty good of me. I don't look drunk or hungover.

I am the one always behind the camera.

2 comments:

Nelle said...

I am usually the one taking pics and there are not many of me. It has really gotten to me lately that my siblings seem to think I will always handle the picture taking and then send prints to all and I just stopped last year. Rob's Dad had a second job as a photographer. For each wedding that was their gift and after he passed we realized there were almost no pics of him! How sad.

Nelle said...

I am usually the one taking pics and there are not many of me. It has really gotten to me lately that my siblings seem to think I will always handle the picture taking and then send prints to all and I just stopped last year. Rob's Dad had a second job as a photographer. For each wedding that was their gift and after he passed we realized there were almost no pics of him! How sad.