Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 26th #10 Reverb

Prompt: Soul food. What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

Crap! I can't remember what I did yesterday let alone what I ate that rocked my soul!

On one occasion in Florida my friend took me to eat at a Seafood place that served scrimp in a garlic linguine sauce. I will never forget it. Though I can not remember the name of the restaurant.

Wanted to lick the plate.

The Greek salad at this place in Tarpon Springs was inspirational. Went back a year or so later and it was not as good. But I tried to recreate that salad at home. The dressing is what made that salad totally out of this world. Paul's Shrimp House.....? I think.

There was this little Italian Restaurant in Podunk Ky that served Eggplant Parmesan that made me want to lick that plate!

My Chicken Pot Pies where out of this world. Good comfort food. I learned that if you make them in a 10 inch iron skillet they are even better!!!!!!Something about the crust that is just heavenly.

Recently I made Butternut Squash soup and it made me pause. It was delish.

No comments: