Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reverb for Dec 12th

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

NO.


Unless you count the numerous times I have almost been hit at the four way stop or when someone miscalculates my speed and pulls out in front of me requiring me to slam on the brakes! Then my mind and body are one at that moment. I do have good reflexes and if something begins to fall I can go for it before my mind tells me "Your eggnog is taking a dive!".

But I believe he was asking about it in an athletic way (take a look at his picture. Who has their publicity shots taken sans shirt unless you are an athlete?) and is trying to see if anyone runs marathons. Heck, the 10 miler will do that to you! Or swimming. Yoga. Sometimes when I would participate in Step Classes I thought I would loose my mind.

Simply put - no. Maybe next year.

3 comments:

mark said...

Interesting. I didn't take it as an athletic question at all. I read it in an almost pseudo metaphysical sort of way. Since I don't buy into that...well, I was pretty dismissive of the whole thing.

And yes, Moleskines are wonderful. Pictures here would be just peachy fine!

alphawoman said...

I think I just did not like the question and dismissed it like I'm seeing a lot of people did. And his picture put me off for some reason.

janet said...

i've felt pretty aligned and balanced this year but i've always been aware of my mind and body! thanks for stopping by my reverb posts!