Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb Dec 13th

Prompt: Action. When it comes to aspirations, its not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen. What's your next step?

I have not been very inspired by the past two prompts so I have been dragging my feet about posting my thoughts. When I think of the word "aspiration" I think it in terms of dreams verses ideas. I would substitute the word "inspiration" for aspiration and the question would click for me. But, I'll work with what I got, haven't I bragged that I can roll?

One of the prompts had me map a couple of things out, changes that I would like to make in 2011 and one of them was to stop thinking about visiting nursing homes/assisted living facilities and just do it! I have this little grain of sand in my brain that I have been rolling over and over in the hopes of producing a pearl one day.

What holds me back is that I feel I need a tape recorder. Do they make them any longer? Or is it all digital? A little while ago I checked out a book about short hand and thought maybe I could pick up enough that I could utilize it while interviewing. But man, that stuff is tough! And I think I picked up an instruction manual verses a Shorthand for Dummies. I learned nothing. Except that squiggles have nuances you can not fathom!

The opportunity to gain entry to these homes is overwhelming! The daughter of a man I work with is the activity director at a home in the town here. When I worked so hard on my Senior Fair/Expo I was introduced to a lot of fantastic caregivers who would lend a hand in selecting the type of people to talk to and record what they have to say. And photograph. I have this vision in my head of these beautiful black and white portraits I will take while they talk about the people they love then and now.

So, nothing is holding me back except me. I would like to define who and why before I begin. Ideas collide in my brain making that pearl.

My next step should be to just take that first step. “The first step binds one to the second. ” Some old French guy was pretty smart (See, old guy!!)

No comments: