Monday, December 20, 2010

December 19th

Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

The inference of this prompt is that I in someway need to be healed. I suppose this is typical of our society today that everyone in someway needs to be healed.

I guess that I could lament the death of my Dad nearing three years (how is that possible?). But death is a part of life and one does not need to be healed as much as to accept that which is inevitable.

And the loss of my beautiful Three Legged Cat. It is rough to daily drive by the spot where Joe found him. I miss him enormously but I don't think I need to be healed. I think the presence of Blackie, the abandoned kitty who showed up on our door step last January, made the loss easier. We still had him and I did not find it necessary to run out and rescue a kitten from the pound. Now Blackie is Top Cat. For some crazy reasons it seems that he has taken on some of TLC quirkiness such as laying on whatever it is I have laid out on the bed, be it book or tray of jewelry. Thank God he has not taken to eating through the plastic wrap on the bread or falling between the dryer and the wall and cry to be rescued. Tough to get out of a tight spot like that when you are a Three Legged Cat.

I am just lucky that nothing drastic or dramatic that would have caused mental anguish requiring a healing period. Living in a Military town I read in the paper daily the acts of extreme heroism that takes place by our brave men in Iraq. There is a tremendous amount of sorrow in this town. The 101st has suffered the loss of over 100 troops since deploying earlier this year.

Not a very positive note to end this post.

No comments: