Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb December 14

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

This is more like it!!

To narrow it down to just one thing I have come to appreciate is very difficult. I have come to realize how imperative it is to have a good Dr. Scholl inserts in your shoes. You can accomplish anything, solve enormous problems, defy great odds when you are not thinking that your feet hurt! Inserts could be called miracles - but I can not think of a way to express my gratitude of this marvelous invention except send money directly to Dr. Scholl, but I think he has enough.

Everyday I realize how much I appreciate my husband Joe and that I am guilty of taking him for granted and I should be horse whipped for that! When our Three Legged Cat went missing, it was not that unusual. Many times he would take off for parts unknown and we thought he had another family on the side. I don't know why this time it felt different. And Joe went looking for him and found him. I can't express the appreciation I have for him doing that for me, for us. And Joe took care of it.

It has become a combination of little things that when added together make me realize that I am very blessed to have him in my life.

Yesterday I told him how much lucky I am to have him.

"I know I know" he said in understanding way that is the tag line to a real life joke of his from his youth when he was sliding into home plate and was called out! Crying on the way to the dug out he told his coach, who was walking him back with his arm around him, that he was SAFE!! "I know I know, Son" he said in a sympathetic tone that totally contrasted the way he was shoved into the dug out.

I realize that small gestures mean everything. A handful of German Roaster Peanuts (yummy) or a four pack of his favorite $10.00 beer, (can you say Bourbon Barrel), or just running that silly head massager thingy through his hair without being asked. All these things are an expression of my love and my gratefulness that we are together for this crazy ride.

I could do more. I just need to ask myself some questions such as,"What would shock him and make him so happy!"

It just came to me! Stay tuned

No comments: