Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb for Dec 10th

December 10 – Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)



In January I was offered the Assistant Marketing Director position at the local Mall. I was flabbergasted at the paltry salary attached to such a lofty title. In addition, they bragged about how they had decided to combine the Secretary position with the Assistant position due to budget cuts.

I decided to take the position and to hang on to my sales job at the Bucket by reverting to part time.

Smartest thing I ever did. Event though I work anywhere from 52-67 hours per week, it's okay. My drinking has suffered. I am totally out of practice. And the extra moola has come in extremely handy for those surprises that life hands you.

The most important truths have revealed themselves working retail. I have a semi-skill that is fun and I like.

I'm not certain if necessity caused me to hang on to the Bucket job but the wisdom in such a move has proven to be one of the best decisions I ever made.

No comments: