Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reverb for December 20

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?) (Author: Jake Nickell)

Some of these challenges are so thought provoking! I wish I had remembered to consider this all day long. The first thought was I should have reworked my resume the moment I took this job at the Mall and parlayed it into something better. Something that pays better so I wouldn't feel it necessary to work two jobs to "make ends meet".

And I didn't.

When and if we pack up and move further south, which is becoming a bigger possibility, I will be forced to do it. No more putting it off, or halfheartedly revising the increasingly alarming work history! Trying to decide which direction to go! I'm all over the map now and need to find some concise way to bring it all together.

I have had a lot of challenges this year to develop and execute several Mall events. I think I did a bang up job with the Senior Fair. The fashion show was fabulous. Trying to alter how people view "Seniors" was the biggest hurdle to sail over. I find that when you say Senior people think "Old Nursing Home". I threw down the gauntlet not only to convince the staff at the Mall,but when I solicited vendors for the event.

Everything from estate planning to good shoes! From financial and living wills to Medicare and Health Insurance. From vacations to funeral homes. (lol)

I managed to pull it off in a city where the medium age is somewhere in the late 20's thanks to it being a Military and college town.

The Baby expo was much easier.

I am not all that happy sitting in an office all day. I'm the Hippie Gypsy! I like touching base in the morning and then taking off in a company car and being paid to sight see all day.

The resume. I should start working on it tomorrow.

1 comment:

syeds said...

I think two jobs doesn't give you work satisfaction, you must think about your health aswell.


Financ Resume templates