Thursday, April 22, 2010

15 Minutes To Kill

And I thought I would write a bona fide journal entry.

I have found I do not have much to say and if in a moment of clarity I do have something to say, I get over it quick.

I run out of gas at the end of the day. Sitting in one space all day is an art that I have not mastered. My mind wanders and my fingers wander on the computer key board as I try to keep myself from falling asleep.

For some reason I can not remember, thought I am certain it will come back to me as I type this, I found myself transferred to Trip Advisor and a review of a restaurant in Memphis. I noticed that it was ranked and upon further investigation I found that you could just cruise down the list and pick any establishment and read the remarks. Remarks are pretty funny.

Then it dawned on me that I could find the restaurants ranked in Lexington! So I immediately flipped over and had a great 15 minutes reading about the Eating Establishments that I haunted, loved, hated, were my customers, etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah.

Lot of smiles.

The Ho.

Oh yes, Tolly-Ho.

Where did you go after clubbing (we never called it clubbing, we called it .....what did we call it?) We called each other and would say, "Let's go out!" and someone would say, "You buy and I'll fly..." stuff like that from the olden days.

When you were finished flying, drinking, dancing and all that jazz, you would look at each other and say, "Man, I'm hungry." Well, you all know why we were hungry, we were stoned.

After an evening of dancing, smoking and throwing back salty dogs or gin gimlets (we were a nutty group) we'd pool our money to see what we had left. Usually it was not much.

So, it was off to the Tolly-Ho, a dive on the University of Kentucky's campus. For about $1.00 or so (remember this was back when Disco was king and dinosaurs roamed the Earth) you could eat.

Anyway, because my 15 minutes is almost up, it appears as one of the top restaurants in Lexington. I think this has to be because of the nostalgia attached to it. You were young and or a college student in Lexington and needed to eat at 3 o'clock in the morning - you knew the Ho.

This deserves more than a bored 15 minutes - more later.

No comments: