Saturday, November 20, 2010

November 19

Friday
Grace in Small Things
356

Ten To Go

1) Love being Manager on Duty/c I get caught up on my GiST's. As the count down begins on the last of this year long commitment I'm sadden to think it's nearing the end. As much as it aggravates me at times, such as when I open my notebook and realize I have not written a single thing about Tuesday or see only a line or two jotted down for Sunday - as much as it aggravates me, I am going to miss looking for the good or the barely averting disaster on a daily basis. On the other hand, it means my year long absence from blogging is also coming to an end! I am ready to return. Not that I have much left to say or my life has taken a drastic turn and has become interesting - no, I just miss writing.

2) I woke up a trifle before 4am this morning and could not go back to sleep. I got up and washed the "rest of the dishes" (we won't go there) and got on FB. I revisited my cousins pictures he had posted. I ran across one of me, a 14 year old lass of a girl, visiting New York after I graduated from 8th grade. It was a graduation present - three weeks in NYC with my Aunts and Uncles and cousins.

3) When I finally made it home last night (one of those 14 hour days) I caught the first UK basketball game on tv (for me)! They were pretty dern good! Oh boy - the season is upon us.

4) Joe brought home some bar-b-que from a cook out at his work. it was simply fabulous!

5) CD's are buy one get one 1/2 off at the Bucket. Woo hoo. (Amazon side business)

2 comments:

Nelle said...

Mary I have always loved reading any of your entries. Many times your GIST postings were something I was also grateful for. I saw my little cousin Christie did a gratitude blog for the year as well. It has made me smile that amidst the difficulties financially and the obstacles life throws our way, there are people who are focused on the GISTS. Thank you for the times you inspired me this past year to say OH YES, I too have that to be grateful for. :) Happy Thanksgiving and I am grateful to know you.

Lisa :-] said...

You call this a year-long absence from blogging? I call it a year-long commitment to your blog. It has been great to know that Mary is out there somewhere, still willing to share wise snippets about her everyday life with her friends out here in blogland. Since the advent of Facebook, SO many bloggers have simply disappeared.

Don't YOU disappear once you are relieved of the "GIST" commitment...!